Prof. S.D. Gunjal
[ IQAC Coordinator ]
In pursuance of its Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution's system and work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. For this, during the post-accreditation period, it will channelize all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. The IQAC is meant for planning, guiding and monitoring quality assurance and quality enhancement activities of institute.
Maintaining the momentum of quality consciousness, IQAC works as a mechanism to build and ensure a quality culture at the institutional level with appropriate structure and processes and with enough flexibility to meet the diverse needs of the stakeholders. The IQAC should become a driving force for ushering in quality by working out intervention strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality.
- To develop an excellent system for cognizant and reliable programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the Dr. D Y Patil School of Engineering and Technology.
To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
1. Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institute.
- Designing of Faculty diary and revision of the same
- Designing of Mentor record and revision of the same.
- Designing Rules and Regulations for
- Academic related activities
- Administrative related activities: Actual functioning of the all administrative related activitie
2. Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
3. Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Designing of feedback forms for various sections
- Online feedback
- What measures can be taken on feedback analysis.
4. Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education;
- How to quality in academics can be improved
- How the quality of teachers can be improve
- How the results of the students can be improved
- How the quality of research can be improved
- Designing quality policies for each parameter and documentation of the same.
5. Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Organization of Institute level programs quality related programs
6. Documentation of the various programmes/activities of JCOE leading to quality improvement.
7. Acting as a nodal agency of JCOE for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices.
8. Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
9. Development of Quality Culture in JCOE
10. Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the Institute based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA) in the prescribed format.