Training and Placement Cell
- The role of the Placement Cell is of a facilitator and counselor for placement related activities.
The Placement Office does NOT guarantee a job. It is subjected to company's policy.
- Applying for a company or joining a company is entirely the responsibility/decision of
the student concerned.
- All students who expect to graduate from the Institute by the end of the academic year are
seeking employment may register for campus placements with Placement Registration is for ONE ACADEMIC YEAR ONLY.
- Students having 2 or more course as live backlogs are advised not to register for placement.
- Majority companies nowadays prefer Students having 60% and above. Placement cell requests all students to score at least more than 55% so that basic eligibility criteria are
- Students who have acquired their degrees and were not placed in the earlier year will also be allowed to re-register.(as per company requirements)
- Students are advised to read the notices displayed on notice boards regularly. They are advised to go through the company website and apply only if interested.
- Students are expected to follow the standard resume template available from the placement cell/website/notice board.
- The details of the resume have to be genuine and any student found violating this rule will be disallowed from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
- Resume once submitted cannot be modified. DEADLINES WILL NOT BE EXTENDED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.( you can only upgrade your marks after university results
are declared )
- It is the responsibility of the student to check announcements/notices/ updated information/shortlisted names etc. on the notice boards of Placement Office/website. Students
are expected to be in time as per the announcements.
- ATTENDANCE & PUNCTUALITY:
- A student who applies and gets shortlisted is bound to go through the entire selection process unless rejected midway by the company. Any student who withdraws deliberately in the midst
of a selection process will be disallowed from placement for the rest of the academic year.
- LATE COMERS FOR APTITUDE TEST/GD / INTERVIEW may not be allowed to appear
for the selection process for the respective company.
Students should maintain discipline and show ethical behaviour at every stage of the placement process. Any student found violating the discipline rules set by the
company or defaming the institute will be disallowed from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
- Students found cheating or misbehaving in the selection process (PPT/Test/GD/Interview)
will be disallowed from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
- JOINING STATUS:
In case, student decides not to join the company, he/she should inform the company in writing with proper explanations. They are also required to
submit a copy of reply letter to the Placement Office.
- DRESS CODE:
Students must be formally dressed whenever they participate in any sort of interaction with a company. This office reserves the right to refuse permission to a student to
attend the selection process, if their attire is unsatisfactory.
- IDENTITY CARDS:
Students must bring their identity cards with them whenever they go
through a placement process.
- For all matters not covered by the above regulations, the Placement Office will use its
discretion to take appropriate decisions.
- OFFER OF JOB:
Announcement on the notice board will be considered as firm offer.
Offers received from companies must be collected as per timings in circular / notice. The
responsibility of going through the offer letter and taking actions there upon such as submission
of documents lies entirely with the student. In case offers are received directly by the student
from the company, the same must be intimated to the Placement office with a photo copy of the
offer letter for record purpose.
- MULTIPLE OFFERS: Each student is eligible for only one job offer.
- If a student receives more than one offer owing to delays in the announcements of results by
the companies, the student is bound to accept the job offer which is most suitable to him or her
and inform placement office as well as the companies concerned accordingly.
- If the results are declared on the same day, the student may choose from the offers in hand
and inform the placement office of his/her choice, within 24 hrs of announcement of results.
- Every student who is selected by a company is out of placement thereafter i.e.
deregistered from the placement activity. A deregistered account will be activated, only on a
case to case basis, at the discretion of Advisor, Training & Placement.
- PRE PLACEMENT OFFERS:
- The Placement Office has de-linked Pre-Placement Offers from placements. Hence, students
who have a pre-placement offer will be allowed to register for placements.
- However, such students will be eligible to appear for placements until the day on which the
company (which has offered PPO) visits the campus.
- The student/company should inform Placement Office if he or she has got offer - PPO/PPOs.
- The Companies offering a PPO are expected to inform the Placement Office when the
student has conveyed his/her acceptance of the PPO prior to commencement / their visit to the
Institute for placement.
- The Student has to send his/her acceptance of the PPO through the Placement Office only.
Such students will not be allowed to sit for further placement process.
For any further Query, Doubt, Questions please feel free to meet your Placement Coordinators
at your respective Departments.